Association meeting held in the media room of the Columbus Civic Center, 400 4th Street, Columbus, GA 31901.
1. The President, called the meeting to order at 6:30 pm.
2. Members/Guest in attendance: 12
3. Administration Notes:
- Discussed the need to recruit volunteers for CHA Equipment Swap Meet on Saturday, September 27.
- Discussed the need to recruit coaches for the CHA House League pre-season skates.
4. Financial Report:
- The Treasurer, Edel Dunkle read the finance report. The starting balance for September 2014 was $35,721.37; the adjusted balance was $33,834.64.
- Robert Granger provided the CHA with Quick Books Software, set the software up and showed the treasurer how to use it.
- Motion to accept the financials was made by Heather Runci, 2nd by Matt Stanley and accepted by all.
5. Old Business:
- Clyde Glenn updated the membership as to the good standing of our nonprofit status and our taxes will be filed for the past two years and be up to date by the end of the month.
- September 27, 2014 is the CHA Equipment Swap Meet and Registration day. Volunteers are needed. Juan Mora is to create a Goaline flyer. Anne Johnson recommends beginning the shoe drop fundraiser on this date. There will be a meeting prior on Tuesday, September to further organize event.
- Anne Johnson provided an update to the membership as to the status of the association’s fundraising. Anne is waiting on last price quote for merchandise embroidery. Will gather orders and payment until the end of September. Anne proposes Shoe Drop fundraiser in which the CHA collects shoes to donate for cash. CHA will offer logo merchandise on the Goaline store.
- Clyde Glenn updated the CHA on the Squirt and Peewee travel teams. There are 13 squirts budgeted, commitment forms are needed from the squirts, Heather Runci will produce forms for Saturday, September 20. Squirts will play in the SYTHL, no tournaments planned. There are 9 peewees budgeted with 4 squirts to fill the team as well as one family from Biloxi. Peewees plan to play in 3 house select tournaments this season.
- A motion to keep the House League preseason skates separate among the leagues but to consolidate based on numbers was by Matt Stanley, 2ndby Tracy Pattillo and accepted by all.
6. New Business
- Volunteers are needed for the phone call retention program in which calls are made to non registered kids to sign up and play hockey. Kristen Stanley will call the 8U kids and Megan and Bud Mueller will contact the older kids.
- The November 8 USA Hockey Try Hockey for Free Day will need a course of action plan meeting prior. Will further discuss this need at the October membership meeting.
- There is a need for a plan in regards to the structure of the House League. There is the possibility of a Majors and Minors approach but will be determined on numbers throughout the leagues.
- Matt Stanley suggests that as other programs in the CHA reach out to book ice time at the Columbus Ice Rink, those booking should be through the CHA.
- Matt Stanley suggests moving the September 24 A League skate.
- Tracy Pattillo suggests to schedule a training session with Auburn University trainers and CHA contacts for our baseline concussion training and testing.
- Tracy Pattillo suggests to schedule a course of action meeting prior to the Bantam tournament on December 6 and 7.
7.A motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:40 was by Tracy Pattillo, 2nd by Barney Slayton and accepted by all. The next CHA Board Meeting is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, October 21st, 2014 in the Media Room of the Columbus Civic Center.
8. Point of contact for Meeting minutes compiled by Barney Slayton, Secretary.
CLYDE A. GLENN
Columbus Hockey Association