Association meeting held in the media room of the Columbus Civic Center, 400 4th Street, Columbus, GA 31901.
1. The President, called the meeting to order at 6:30 pm.
2. Members/Guest in attendance: 13
3. Administration Notes:
- Discussed the need to extend the concussion baseline testing to the squirt and peewee teams. Need to identify a team baseline administrator for each team. Motion made for safety director to extend baseline testing to squirt and peewee travel by Matt Stanley, 2nd by Chris Miller, accepted by all.
4. Financial Report:
- The Treasurer, Edel Dunkle read the finance report. The starting balance for October 2014 was $39,527.07; the adjusted balance was $29,470.47
- Financial Oversight Committee reviewed and approved financials on 10/20/14.
- Motion to accept the financials was made by Matt Stanley, 2nd by Juan Mora and accepted by all.
5. Old Business:
- Joe McCrea updated the membership as to the CHA Adult League plan. So far 37 players for B League and 33 players for C League. Numbers look good for 4 teams.
- November 8, 2014 is USA Hockey’s Try Hockey for Free event. There will be handouts for new players. Clyde Glenn will be conducting radio promotions with Bear O’Brian. There are currently 14 players registered with the potential for up to 60. This event will need a welcoming party, coaches to recruit potential advanced players, a registration committee, flyers to be distributed and a lot of volunteers for the event to run smoothly.
- Clyde Glenn updated the membership as to the course of action for the CHA House League. There is a combined 47 kids registered throughout the squirt and peewee levels of the house league. They will be split into major and minor divisions. Will split them into 4 teams. 2 teams will share ice times. There will be 4 sheets/touches per week. Coaches will need to complete both the squirt and peewee online modules.
- Clyde Glenn updated the membership on the need for travel team specific meetings for the upcoming SYTHL host weekends in December and February.
6. New Business
- Safety director Ted Runci needs background checks for league referees, Joe McCrea will follow up and get back to Ted.
7. A motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:33 was by Bob Ramirez, 2nd by Barney Slayton and accepted by all. The next CHA Board Meeting is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, November 18, 2014 in the Media Room of the Columbus Civic Center.
8. Point of contact for Meeting minutes compiled by Barney Slayton, Secretary.
CLYDE A. GLENN
Columbus Hockey Association
Membership Meeting Attendance