Association meeting held in the media room of the Columbus Civic Center, 400 4th Street, Columbus, GA 31901.
1. The President, called the meeting to order at 6:08 pm.
2. Members/Guest in attendance: 8
3. Administration Notes:
- Hockey Director met with coaches in the Majors House Division in an effort to balance the competitiveness for the league. A player trade was made.
- Clyde met with a Mrs. Jones about getting ice time for her church group. Maybe some minority skates handled by Ross and the Civic Center as well as the CHA can help, a February time frame was discussed.
4. Financial Report:
- The Treasurer, Edel Dunkle read the finance report. The starting balance for December 2014 was $27,718.40; the adjusted balance was $66,598.75
- Financial Oversight Committee reviewed and approved financials on 12-15-14.
5. Old Business:
- Clyde Glenn updated the membership as to the CHA taxes. CHA Taxes are delivered for the last 3 years and our nonprofit status is intact.
6. New Business
- A special meeting will be held 1-15-15 in regards to CHA members that have not reached a 50% paid balance status.
- An email complaint was sent to CHA president regarding a CHA player’s actions at the Kennesaw Ice Rink during a GSHL game in which he was seen walking in public areas in only his boxer shorts while taking off his t-shirt. Head coach Orrin Hergott will be notified as well as the disciplinary committee.
- The Hockey director shall submit a written overview of things he has accomplished based on the bylaws article 9, section z of the duties of the hockey director. The board will discuss pay based on performance in the 15 January meeting.
- Matt Stanley requests the need for the CHA to purchase goalie gear (2 chest protectors, 2 goalie sticks) for the mite levels to rotate players through the position as well as a need for 5 medium sized helmets for the CHA inventory. Motion to accept by Bob Ramirez, 2nd by Joe McCrea, accepted by all.
7. A motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:42 was by Jerome Bechard, 2nd by Joe McCrea and
accepted by all. The next CHA Board Meeting is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 in the Media Room of the Columbus Civic Center.
8. Point of contact for Meeting minutes compiled by Barney Slayton, Secretary.
CLYDE A. GLENN
Columbus Hockey Association