Association meeting held in the media room of the Columbus Civic Center, 400 4th Street, Columbus, GA 31901.
1. The President, called the meeting to order at 6:20 pm.
2. Members/Guest in attendance: 6
3. Administration Notes:
- The House League Finals were conducted along with the end of season party and completed the 2014-2015 youth season. Great job by all the volunteers that participated and help make the season a success.
4. Financial Report:
- The checking account starting balance for March is $47,354.01. Ending balance is $46,889.33. February ice bill ($17,000) is not included. There was $18,331.77 in Deposits and $18,796.39 in Debits.
- Financial Oversight Committee reviewed and signed financials.
5. Old Business:
- The CHA Board approved the purchase of 8 sets of small hockey equipment to include helmets, 8 sets of large hockey equipment to include helmets and 5 hockey sticks.
6. New Business
- CHA Summer Programs; Looking at the idea of prepaid summer pick up adult league, $10.00 per session or $15.00 at the door. Combined A/B summer league and combined B/C summer league.
- April 1, 2015 will begin CHDA Skills Nights. CHDA will host three, 3 week sessions on Wednesday night. The first 3 week session will focus on skill development. The second 3 week session will consist of skating development and the third 3 week session will be a body angling and/or checking session. CHDA Enrollment is ongoing.
- We will begin sending feelers to gauge the level of interest the membership may have in a 3 on 3 cross ice house league on Monday nights. The plan is to field 4 teams consisting of 5 players and a goalie in the minor, major, and bantam and high school levels.
- The Columbus Cottonmouths will be hosting their annual Summer Camp this June 8-12.
- The CHA is getting close to total membership payments, there are still outstanding hockey payments that need to be collected.
- The CHA Annual Membership Meeting will take place April 23, 2015 at 6:30pm. A total of 5 board positions are available for the 2015-2017 seasons. Voting will be conducted this day. The duties of the old board members will be handed off to the new board members at the May 2015 meeting.
- Learn to Skate on Saturday March 28, 2015 will be bumped back a week to accommodate spring break. The session will be extended by one week.
- The CHA experienced a record year for number of games refereed at 154 games.
7. A motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:00 pm was made by Barney Slayton, 2nd by Bob Ramirez and accepted by all. The Next CHA Board Meeting is scheduled for 6:30 pm on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 in the Media Room of the Columbus Civic Center.
8. Point of contact for Meeting minutes compiled by Barney Slayton, Secretary.
CLYDE A. GLENN
Columbus Hockey Association