Association meeting held in the media room of the Columbus Civic Center, 400 4th Street, Columbus, GA 31901.
- The President, called the meeting to order at 7:39 p.m.
- Members/Guest in attendance: 10
- Administration Notes:
- Edel Dunkle is resigning from the CHA Board. She will remain on the Financial Oversight Committee. The board will elect a new member to fill her position. Due to a tie in the board election process, the board will vote between Dave Robbins & Jason Bray to determine who will fill the vacancy.
- The board will read last meeting minutes to better ensure follow through in identifying tasks to assign to members.
- In accordance with the CHA bylaws, 3 board meetings are all a member can miss.
4. Read Minutes:
- Clyde Glenn will pursue options for new association software to replace Goaline for our website.
- Matt Stanley will provide the CHA with 2 filing cabinets to be used to file pertinent CHA member paperwork onsite at the ice rink.
- Barney Slayton & Jerome Bechard will talk to Ross Horner & the ice rink about using the rink TV monitors for instruction & announcement purposes.
- Tracy Pattillo will provide 4 different proposals for a CHA membership volunteer requirement program.
- The CHA will include a Bantam House League registration on the website prior to the 2015-2016 season.
- Brad Prefontaine will oversee evaluation time at the beginning of the season for team/player assessments prior to finalizing teams.
- Clyde Glenn will make every effort to schedule travel teams to travel together this season.
- Joe McCrea will look into Columbus State University as an avenue for procuring volunteers or interns to assist the CHA.
- Brad, Barney & Clyde will provide coaches with off-ice plans/templates to assist coaches with more off-ice training for CHA players.
- Jerome & Clyde will coordinate with Ft. Benning MWR to advertise & promote the CHA to more members of the military.
- Clyde will look into implementing a Learn to Play for adults & procure appropriate equipment for their participation. Looking to set up a 4 week adult learn to play in August.
- Jerome will coordinate with Ross Horner of the Civic Center about providing cameras in the ice rink.
- Ted Runci will look into providing information for players looking to extend their playing career past the CHA.
5. Financial Report:
- Edel Dunkle submitted the financials for the month of April:
- PayPal - $36,420.43
- Deposit - $5,2333.82
- Withdrawal to Checking - $30,000.00
- Ending Balance - $11,654.25
- CB&T - $24,852.93
- Deposit - $37,316.00
- Withdrawal - $19,016.15
- Ending Balance - $43,152.78
- The Financial Oversight Committee has reviewed & signed off on the financials.
6. Old Business:
- A motion was made for the board to not pursue an inflatable tunnel for players to skate through, by Tracy Pattillo, 2nd by Joe McCrea & accepted by all.
- Unpaid hockey dues – Still a few outstanding payments.
- The CHA adult summer league has 30 registered players. The league needs 16 more players signed up by May 15, 2015 or the season will be cancelled.
- The CHA will produce a sign in sheet for the adult pick up league for better tracking purposes.
7. New Business:
- Board members will review the CHA bylaws & their continuity books, make changes if need be & sign off on them at the next meeting.
- Vote for officers –
- Secretary – Barney Slayton, motion by Joe McCrea, 2nd by Tracy Pattillo accepted by all.
- Treasurer – Chris Miller, motion by Barney Slayton, 2nd by Joe McCrea, accepted by all.
- Vice President – Matt Stanley, motion by Tracy Pattillo, 2nd by Joe McCrea, accepted by all.
- President – Clyde Glenn, motion by Joe McCrea, 2nd by Tracy Pattillo, accepted by all.
8. Motion to adjourn:
- Motion at 8:50 pm by Tracy Pattillo, 2nd by Joe McCrea, accepted by all.
- The next CHA Board Meeting is scheduled for 6:30 pm on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 in the media room of the Columbus Civic Center.
- Point of contact for Meeting Minutes compiled by Barney Slayton, CHA Secretary.
- Members in attendance
- Craig Wheeler
- Edel Dunkle
- Joe McCrea
- Jerome Bechard
- Barney Slayton
- Brad Prefontaine
- Clyde Glenn
- Chris Miller
- Tracy Pattillo
- Matt Stanley
CLYDE A. GLENN
Columbus Hockey Association